PythonCard Mac Fix
Some of our readers have had troubles with PythonCard not working on Mac OS X. Here’s a fix. (We found it on this website):
- Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Lib/python2.5/site-packages/PythonCard
- Drag the file called “model.py” to the Trash.
- Download and unzip this file (http://www.tjleone.com/model.py.zip). Drag it into the PythonCard folder.
- In the PythonCard folder, go to tools/resourceEditor.
- Control-click the file called resourceEditor.py and choose Make Alias.
- Rename the alias to “Resource Editor” (without the quotes)
- Drag the alias to somewhere you’ll be able to find it later.
- When you’re going through the book and you need to open Resource Editor, double-click the alias to open it in IDLE, then choose Run->Run Module in the menu.